Re: [Roadsters] Stock vs. Modified (was Late car Rear view mirror

To: "'Tim'" <tputland@charter.net>, <davesmbox@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Stock vs. Modified (was Late car Rear view mirror
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:50:24 -0400
Hi Dave,
I don't think there was an argument to win or lose. Someone stating a
personal preference CAN'T be wrong, as it is their preference. I love them
both/all. The SRL 311 Solex was primarily built as a factory race car (hence
the R in the name). Racers tend to modify. ;-)
As Tim mentioned, If I had my Dad's 1600 that he bought new off the lot in
Thousand Oaks CA 1968, it would be absolutely bone stock (and original).
Since Loreli is a non-numbers matching 70 SRL Solex, I want her to go VROOM
(which she does) and be comfortable (which she's becoming).
Oh, FYI. I have dusted Corvettes OFF THE LINE (C4 vettes). I said nothing
about quarter mile HAHAHA! I smoked those suckers for the first 100 feet or
so though!
The Museum of Fine Art would not probably be a good idea for your paint
roller. Of course, neither would a beautifully preserved Roadster. However,
you could take the roller to the Museum of Modern Art. I'm not sure anyone
would notice the difference in some of THOSE paintings! LMAO!
Tim and Dave,
Ill send you separately a couple of pictures from a past eBay auction I
copied. A Roadster painted like a brick wall. It's hilarious!!! And not
factory original. HAHAHAHAHA!
Matt