Re: [Roadsters] BBQ

To: Richard Bush <rabush2000@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] BBQ
From: Pat <Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 19:59:53 -0500
Lockhart, Texas is just 30 minutes South of Austin and has been
certified as the BBQ capitol of Texas. Seriously, this town of 12,000
has 4 really great BBQ joints, and many others also. On the, food
channel, I think, there was a BBQ tour of the US. They visited Bryant's,
and at least one other in the city. They visited 3 of the best in
Lockhart, not even mentioning the one I like best!

Come on down and let's have a BBQ crawl!

Peace,
Pat
Lockhart, Tx.

Thusly spake Richard Bush:
> If you are in Austin, check out Salt Lick and Busters - both worth a visit
>

> On 8/8/08 11:00 PM, "Bob Ballinger, Muncie,Indiana" <12061997@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

>> I'm with you Russell! I'm retired from NS RR and use to run from Moberly to
>> NKC  and lived in KC for a while......Take em to Bryant's or Bates or 20
>other
>> restaurants and let them match those. I love Texas and just had a couple of
>> BBQ meals around Austin last month and they were great but not Bryant's...( I
>> do understand Austin is not TEXAS much anymore)bob ballinger 67-1600
>Muncie,IN

>>> 816-931-9378 fax
>>> 877-531-1046 toll-free
>>> www.vulcans-forge.com

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001