Re: [Roadsters] Stolen car, well sort of...

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Stolen car, well sort of...
From: peter harrison <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:53:52 -0700
Gary
I'm glad your opinion is 'humble'. My Miata seats were a great comfort to me
on my x-country trip <G>

> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:41:43 -0700> From: gkmcc@sbcglobal.net> To:
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Stolen car, well
sort of...> > The only thing that could possibly be worse than putting Miata
parts (seats) in a Datsun Roadster would be putting a slush box shift-for-me
tranny in it - IMHO...> > Gary McCormick> San Jose, CA> > "Tom @ Datsun2000"
<tom@datsun2000.com> wrote: This is probably no help at all...... But if you
look at Buzz Bowerman's> wife's car you might notice the automatic tranny,
saving your wife the> inconvenience of her having to learn how to drive a
stick.> > I have pictures of this car on the 2008 (and maybe 2007) Shasta
pictures> found on the EVENTS page of datsun2000.com. Click on TOM.> > Tom> 69
2000 - Mr. Hyde (safe from "theft" - SHE wants a 710 wagon)> Portland>
http://www.datsun2000.com> http://www.nowroc.org> > > > > > > On 8/17/2008
9:09:55 PM, dave (daveandlindab@comcast.net) wrote:> > I just got back home to
New Jersey from picking up what I thought was my> > new 66 1600 from North
Carolina. It was a LONG grueling drive. About> > halfway home, my Wife, Linda,
asked where we were going to keep 2> > Datsuns, I told her the 66 we just got
would eventually replace my 69> > 2000, so after the 2000 was sold, it would
be in the garage. She gave a> > rather strange look.thought for a moment, and
then informed me that this> > was HER car, the 2000 was mine. I had not been
aware of this part of> > the plan. I had sold all my "extra roadsters" in the
last few weeks to> > make room for this one, planning on doing a full rebuild
and making it> > the keeper, then sell my 2000, and get most of the money
spent back..> > This is apparently now NOT the plan.> >> >> >> > She was
deciding on colors on the way home, turquoise is leading so far.> > Oh, and
she wants my stroker motor too!! So I cleaned out the garage to> > make room
for HER car to be inside. MY car is at my> > sister's house, 15> > miles away
in her garage, and will live OUTSIDE when it's> > at our house.> > This now
explains the weatherproof car cover I got for my birthday last> > month. This
plan has been in the work> You are subscribed as gkmcc@sbcglobal.net> >