Re: [Roadsters] R16 - How to get .425" Valve lift?

To: Daryl Smith <drlsmith@dccnet.com>, Datsun Roadster List
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] R16 - How to get .425" Valve lift?
From: "robert k. smith" <rksmith46@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:36:32 -0400
hi daryl, i had a cam in my u-20 eng. with .620 lift. i had to

remove the valve seals to prevent the retainer from hitting anything.

i was prepared to machine some off of the bottom of the retainer,

if need be, but didnt need that. i didnt notice any excess smoking or

oil consumption(no more than is normal). my valve guides were in

good shape, fairly new, but not brand new. hope this helps.

                                   bob smith
                                   70 chev elcamino ss> From:
drlsmith@dccnet.com> To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Date: Thu, 21 Aug
2008 11:34:42 -0700> Subject: [Roadsters] R16 - How to get .425" Valve lift?>
> No answers to the last question so let me put it another way......> > How do
I get .425" Valve lift on an aluminum R16 head.> I had a cam with .387" lift
which crushed the seals (exhaust only) and wanted> to increase the lift if I
could without too much difficulty.> > > Anyone have any tips on whats
involved? Any way to do it without custom made> parts?> > Any advice
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > You are subscribed as
http://www.team.net/archive> >