Re: [Roadsters] Port & Polish

To: <oscilloscope500@yahoo.com>, roadster list
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Port & Polish
From: "robert k. smith" <rksmith46@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:08:26 -0400
hi matthew, when you match ports, you can use a new intake gasket

for a template, putting it up to the head, then the intake and exh.

scribe lines on the head (intake), and the header(exh.). if you cant

match them exactly, remember the flow is smaller to larger. never

larger to smaller. you can polish the exh. all you want, but just

smoothe the casting marks out of the intake-dont polish the intake

til shiny. it will screw up the intake fuel mixture. fuel will drop out

of suspension and stick to the intake walls. the intake needs to be

a little rough, to keep the fuel in the air mix.  also, 3 angle cuts on

valve seats are a good performance thing.

if you are building the eng., you could do the porting

and polishing yourself, and have a macine shop do the valve job.
                    good luck, bob smith                                   69
srl311
                                   70 chev elcamino ss

<> Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:49:35 -0700> From: oscilloscope500@yahoo.com> To:
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Subject: [Roadsters] Port & Polish> > Hey
everyone! I need to finally get my engine back together because I am> moving
to Philly and would rather move a car instead of boxes of parts (and> I'm
probably not going to have a garage for a while).> > Anyhoo, I need to get
some head work done first and am thinking about getting> it ported. Does
anyone have any tips/advise about this? Also, a couple of> months ago someone
on the list recommended someone to me, but I have since> forgotten who and
have misplaced the email. Sorry!> > Anyone who has done this have something to
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > You are subscribed as
http://www.team.net/archive> >