Re: [Roadsters] early 67 1600 won't run

To: Autox <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] early 67 1600 won't run
From: Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:35:37 -0800
Some coils have an internal resistor like the Pertronix Flamethrower.

I've been using one of these on my 1600 without an external resistor for
going on 9 years now and haven't torched anything yet.

I dug around on the Pertronix website and found a troubleshooting
section to determine if your coil needs an external resistor.

http://www.pertronix.com/support/tips/default.aspx

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 19:56 -0800, Daryl Smith wrote:
You have me confused. If you are running points or a pertronix unit,
you