[Roadsters] SR20DE swap

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] SR20DE swap
From: "Owen" <tasker1968@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:57:30 -0700
Help needed for SR20DE S14 swap, I've had my 68' 2000 since 72', the third
owner and the old U20 was in need of a rebuild, I bought the S14 about 5
years ago, so now was a good time for a swap. I found a few of the swaps on
line but still need more info.  Does anyone have a part # for the 12 circuit
wiring kit or just get a universal one? Does the long double row plug on the
wiring harness plug into 12 circuit wiring kit or is there something else I
need to get? Where to cut or drill holes in the firewall for wiring harness?
Where to mount the computer and 12 circuit? What is the normal temature
range for the SR20, I need to get the electric fan tempature sensor, has
anyone ever tried the adjustable ones with the probe that goes between the
fins in the radiator? Where should the 280Z electric fuel pump be mounted,
near the tank or closer to motor? Filter before the pump? Remove brake
metering block and go from master to a tee, then to the cylinders? What size
is the 45 degree and the 90 degree 2 1/2" elbows or 3" (for the air intake)
? they don't make a 2 3/4" do they? I'm also in need of a MAF # 22680-52F01,
I've been looking on ebay but haven't seen one for awhile, so if anyone has
one for sale let me know. How about a Datsun Roadster/SR20DE swap book for
dummies.Thanks in advance for your time and help, Owen.