Re: [Roadsters] SR20DE swap

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] SR20DE swap
From: michaelspreadbury@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:43:56 +0000 (UTC)
Owen wrote:>I found a few of the swaps on line but still need more
info.

 I would highly recommend reading the dozens of threads on SR
swaps on www.311s.org in the forums in the engine
swap section. 99% of your questions that you ask below have been discussed in
great detail.

>Does anyone have a part # for the 12 circuit wiring kit
or just get a universal one?

 Search bEZ wiring harnessb on www.311s.org
forum as this has been discussed many times there.

>Does the long double row plug on the wiring harness plug
into 12 circuit wiring kit or is there >something else I need to get?

 No, the double row that ties the EFI harness to the dash
harness does not fit the universal wiring harness. I would recommend cutting
off that plug and building new plugs that suit your swap using connectors from
www.vintageconnections.com or www.datsunparts.com

>Where to cut or drill holes in the firewall for wiring
harness?

 We use a 90 degree harness grommet from a Nissan Sentra and
cut the hole right below the throttle linkage, but I have seen people put
there
holes in a variety of places, you really need to decide what works best for
your application.

>Where to mount the computer and 12 circuit?

 We mount the ECU on the passenger side kick panel. The
aftermarket fuse box gets mounted above the hood release cable handle on the
driverbs side. Again, photos of this stuff is on www.311s.org
in the engine swap section.

>What is the normal temature range for the SR20, I need
to get the electric fan tempature sensor, has anyone ever tried the
adjustable
ones with the probe that goes between the fins in the radiator?

Order part number 21503-40F65 from Nissan. It is a 240SX
lower radiator hose that has a built in fan switch that will operate your fan
correctly. You can get more details on this by reading this thread:
http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7326

 >Where should the 280Z electric fuel pump be mounted, near
the tank or closer to motor? Filter >before the pump?

I would highly recommend on installing an in-tank fuel pump
from a Honda instead of running an external pump. Again, this has been
discussed many times on 311s.org.

>Remove brake metering block and go from master to a tee,
then to the cylinders?

There are some great photos of how we build brake lines in
this thread here:

http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8800&p=59887#p59887

 Get the T-fitting from a Toyota Tercel (it is located on the
Passenger side of the firewall in the engine compartment!)

>What size is the 45 degree and the 90 degree 2 1/2"
elbows or 3" (for the air intake)

 2.75b is the size of the intake, but you can use 2.5b pipe
and step the hose up to 2.75 at the throttle body.

I would spend a couple days reading everything you can on
311s.org as your questions are common and we have covered them many times.

Let me know if you have any others.

Michael SpreadburySpriso Motorsports