Re: [Roadsters] stuck drums

To: Gary and Cindy Ault <aultgc@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] stuck drums
From: chalsted@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:49:18 +0000 (UTC)
I've found for the most part that the shoes stick tightly to the inside of the
drum... usually what I do is back off all the way on the adjuster if possible
and then remove the 2 nuts holding the adjuster in place and with a hammer bang
the center of the adjuster until it pops inside the drum... that should help...
then try to get a flat blade screwdriver or cold chisel between the drum and
hub in the center and go side to side trying to gain space between the two.
hope that makes sense...have loosened up at least a couple of them that way
thru the years... ;-)

Craig