Re: [Roadsters] Brake rotors

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Brake rotors
From: Embarq Customer <andycost@embarqmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:50:36 -0400 (EDT)
I had a client that developed a procedure called flame spray deposition or
something like that.  He had a plasma gun with a metal wire feeder like a mig
welder.  Compressed air would blow the molten metal out kind of like a sand
blaster.  The molten metal would stick like welding flash only in tiny
particles.  He could build up parts like heads that were cut too thin, engine
blocks, or brake rotors.  He could also deposit zinc on steel to make a
galvanized coating on existing structures like bridges.  I thought it was kind
of a neat process.  I've heard of a similar process used by the navy on ships.

Andy