[Roadsters] Road America in May

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Road America in May
From: "Ken & Tammy Williams" <wilhouse@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 18:03:29 -0500
Hey fellow Roadster-ites,
The Spring Vintage Weekend is May 15-17 at Road America.  Tammy and I are
planning to drive up in the Datsun, weather permitting of course.  If anybody
is interested, there is a great, official, Wisconsin Scenic Highway all the
way from Whitewater Lake (near Whitewater, WI), to Elkhart Lake, WI.  If you
weren't aware, Road America is very near Elkhart Lake too.  Coincidence?  I
think not!  We are hoping to leave bright and early Saturday, from the
Janesville area and trying to follow the Scenic Highway to Elkhart Lake.  We
have tried this a couple of times from each direction, and have managed to
lose track of the route along the way.  It is not well marked in places.  The
route is narrow, winding back roads, through several state forests.  Very
scenic.  Very likely where they thought up the name, but maybe not.  I mapped
it out with the help of Mr Google, but the map doesn't do the route justice.
We drove back from EL this weekend, and managed to get lost again.  The trip
took about 4 hours, so certainly not the fast way, but may be the most fun.
We are planning to spend Saturday night somewhere in the area, and make the
return trip some time on Sunday.
Anybody care to join along the way?  I can send specifics about cross roads
etc if you would like to join us in the Milwaukee area or anywhere along the
route.
Happy Roadster-ing,
Ken Williams
'67 1600
Janesville, WI
If anybody is interested, search for the Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive.