[Roadsters] RE; adaptors: Grant or Mome: steering wheels

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] RE; adaptors: Grant or Mome: steering wheels
From: "Fergus OFarrell" <fergus06@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 17:51:18 -0700
Eddie,
sorry, I get the digest version, so I am a little behind.  You never answered
the Grant vs Momo question.

If you are NOT going Momo, the Grant 4581 is the adaptor,  Has a 2.5-3" deep
adaptor, so no dish in the wheel is best. Horn button can be made to work
fine, with a little bit of bending / tweaking of the brass followers for the
horn grounding.  The canceling turn signal feature works fine.

Now, that being said, 13" makes steering at low speeds a bit tougher, depends
on your driving.  better knee room than 14". When I went to similar size
tires, but different brand, 185/65's now, used to be 185/75's, I found
steering 50% easier, at least at freeway / normal driving speeds, twisties are
a bit of a workout.  (but, I found at speeds, 185s PLOW, so I am going to go
to 195s whenever I get the chance..)

Best fit for your needs?  I'd say come to Solvang, sit in cars, if not able to
come, then get a 13" to clear the knees.   Worst off, you straighten up the
seat and drive more with your shoulders  (which is best off for the twisties
anyway)

Fergus O
69 2000