[Roadsters] High RPMs -- How do I get them?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] High RPMs -- How do I get them?
From: "Nathaniel Leeds" <nmleeds@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 17:56:45 -0700
Now that my little 6700 rpm, 240Z, high speed oil slick adventure is behind
me (it was the oil pan deciding that it was a good time to teach me to use
loc-tight when putting on an oil pan) I have been thinking about getting
back into the high RPMs again.

Not knowing much, I did a web search, and noticed that a lot of race cars do
things to their lubrication systems and that also a lot or race cars have
really high red-lines.  Are the two connected?  And, more importantly, what
can I do with my stock engine to push the redline higher?

Has anyone had any experience with accumulators and fancy lubrication
systems that they would like to share.