Re: [Roadsters] ebay item #200330704095

To: "'Michael Knorr'" <mhknorr@msn.com>, "'Datsun Roadster Listserver'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] ebay item #200330704095
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 07:38:31 -0700
I apologize if I offended anyone by my comment. I've probably become a
little too narrow in my fondness for these cars and the roadster community,
which has gained a well-deserved reputation for being polite, helpful and
responsive.

Going to eBay first is probably the natural inclination for people who
aren't aware of the community, or who may have no real interest in joining
it. Still, it seems odd that people wouldn't do a little bit more thorough
searching, considering how easy it is. I've encountered plenty of people who
have contacted me through my Web site asking about parts availability, who
haven't even taken the time to look at my Vendors page.

I know there are a lot of legitimate, honest people selling things on eBay,
and an auction format has its uses. But it is also an opportunity for
unscrupulous people to scam the unknowing or inexperienced.

Like they say, "Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience
comes from bad judgment."

I can offer myself as proof of that.

Gordon Glasgow