[Roadsters] OOPS

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: [Roadsters] OOPS
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 16:01:05 -0700
What might happen when you don't disconnect the negative lead of the battery
when you are working on your car?

Nothing....... usually

http://www.datsun2000.com/battery.htm

But when something does happen it is dramatic, and very hard on the ears.  I
accidentally touched the positive pole with a grounded ratchet handle and
the battery exploded.  Fortunately I did not get much acid on me and it was
easily washed off.  I suspect it was only dumb luck that my glasses caught a
few small dots and nothing got into my eyes.

Will I disconnect the negative lead on the battery when I work on the car
again?  Yeah, I probably will.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland