Re: [Roadsters] Persistant Oil Leak!

To: drlsmith@dccnet.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Persistant Oil Leak!
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:43:11 EDT
Is it a steel pan? If so make sure the bolt holes are not dimpled in from
being over tightened. A little work with a small hammer and a block of wood
will  do wonders.

Here is the trick I do with the 1600 valve cover. It might work with the
oil pan. First glue the gasket to the cover with yellow death super weather
strip adhesive. Now it will not leak from that side or squirm around. On the
 other side I spray the red Permatex gasket adhesive that comes in the
spray can.  Assemble while the adhesive is still wet. When it comes time to
remove the cover  a smack will break the red stuff loose. I have had the
valve
cover off a number  of times and the gasket is still fine. If this doesn't
seal it then the mating  surfaces are not meeting or the oil is coming from
somewhere else.

keith  williams
ccfcccs
_http://www.clarkcountyferalcats.org_
(http://www.clarkcountyferalcats.org/)

bIf  Not Us, Then Who? If Not Now, Then When?b

In a message dated 4/27/2009 10:24:37 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,