[Roadsters] First try at startup fails .

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] First try at startup fails .
From: dansummers@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 01:19:15 +0000 (UTC)
I was given a 1969 2000 a couple years ago. I have followed the instructions
from the 311s.org Start-up after sitting for a long time, except for the brakes
(that's what caused it to be parked in the first place).It turns over just fine
but does not start. It seems to be getting gas but no spark. I checked for
power to the coil and there is none when the key is turned on. I am guessing I
will need a new ignition switch. Is there an easy test for the switch. Is there
any safe way to start the car bypassing the ignition switch. Is there a way to
test the coil?

Dan