[Roadsters] Priceless

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Priceless
From: Dave Cooke <cookefam314@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 16:55:42 -0500
1 bottle of carb cleaner = $2.49
1 new jet needle = $14.95
Keith Williams carb adjustment worksheet = free
The big grin on my face as I'm flying down the street = priceless

     While cleaning all the carb dome & piston parts I noticed the rear carb
jet nozzle was stuck in choke mode, even though the choke knob was not
pulled out. Upon closer inspection, it seems that the PO had improperly set
the choke cable tension on the rear carb too tight leaving it in constant
choke mode. Easy fix, but the rear choke cable seems to be not working at
all when you pull the choke knob, the front choke cable works fine.... I'll
have to replace that later.
     This was my 2nd time at adjusting the carbs, and with the choke fix,
new jet needle & a good cleaning, I was shocked to see what a dramatic
improvement this made on the cars performance, acceleration was quick &
smooth and it never flattened out on high RPM, seemed like it really wanted
to go faster...and when it settled down to idle, that was smooth too...Woo
Hoo, not that's how a sports card should drive!

Dave Cooke
69 1600
Lake in the Hills, IL