Re: [Roadsters] I Don't Know When I'm About To Run Out Of Gas

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Pete Peters
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] I Don't Know When I'm About To Run Out Of Gas
From: Gary Callahan <gcallahan@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 10:24:41 -0700 (PDT)
The fuel gauge needle does not move and reads totally empty.  When I bought
the car the fuel gauge would always read between 3/8 and 5/8 full with the
engine running and the needle would drop to empty when the car was off.  After
my mechanic attempted installing a new fuel gauge sending unit, which didn't
seem to fix the problem, he then put the original sending unit back in the
tank and now I am where I am.  The water temp gauge seems to function
properly.

Gary Callahan
Beaverton, Oregon

1968 Datsun 1600 "Fairlady" Roadster