[Roadsters] Steering box adjustment question...

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Steering box adjustment question...
From: Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 01:30:50 -0700
Ok, here's another question for the guru's..

I noticed that the top of my steering box, right next to the oil filler
plug, is a nut on a shaft that has a slot for a screwdriver.  Is this an
adjustment to remove "play" in the gearbox?

My box has about 1.5" of play in it.

My 1974 Toyota Celica I had when I was a kid had a similar looking
screw.  If the gearbox had play in it, you loosened the nut, turned the
screw clockwise just until it stopped, and that would remove the play in
the wheel.

Before I did that, i wanted to check and see if the roadster gearbox was
similar.  If not, what is that for on the gearbox?

Thanks all...

Eddie