Re: [Roadsters] my Brakes don't feel right

To: "Dave Cooke" <cookefam314@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] my Brakes don't feel right
From: "Stephen Wan" <steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 09:26:21 -0700
I have stans's brace and it works great at firming up the pedal feel.  You
might have someone look to see if the firewall is moving when you apply the
brake.
I would also try to sand and scuff the rotors and pads and re-bed them.
When I first got the car the brakes didn't not work well at all.  I replced
the pads with semi-metallics and  I can lock the stock brakes fine. It just
takes a lot more pressure without the vacuum assist.

Steve
70' 1600  still waiting for a tranny swap.