[Roadsters] my Brakes don't feel right

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] my Brakes don't feel right
From: Dave Cooke <cookefam314@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:33:39 -0500
My 68 1600 has the original style brakes, my mechanic checked the brakes &
says there's still plenty of pad & rotor left & they look fine. But, when I
brake hard, like coming to a quick stop when I get a yellow traffic light
from 55mph, the pedal seems like it's firm enough, but it also feels like
the pedal bottoms out. I checked the firewall & it seems very solid, so I
don't know if the "Stan Chernoff firewall brace" would help or what. The
brake fluid levels are fine, maybe I'm just used to how modern disc brakes
feel compared to 40 year old technology...any thoughts what to check next?

--
Dave Cooke
68 1600