Re: [Roadsters] my Brakes don't feel right

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] my Brakes don't feel right
From: Embarq Customer <andycost@embarqmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 12:50:44 -0400 (EDT)
My roadster brake pedal when the system was working properly felt very firm.
There was no squish at all.  No matter how hard I pushed it would not hit the
bottom.  When there was air in the lines then it would be a little squishy
under normal braking but would hit the floor under really heavy application.
My guess is that there is air in your lines and master cylinder.  The roadster
master cylinder is inclined up away from the pedal and the bleeder.  I always
had to get the master cylinder angled back towards the bleeder to get all the
air out.  I did this by jacking the rear of the car really high.  I used a
torpedo level on the master cylinder to tell when I was at the right angle.

Andy