Re: [Roadsters] OT: 1950's American cars looking for a home

To: Embarq Customer <andycost@embarqmail.com>, Fred Katz <roadster@astound.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] OT: 1950's American cars looking for a home
From: tim fisher <timbob_fisher@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:10:21 -0700 (PDT)
There is a Roadster "farm" near Houston, Texas.  I've had some trouble getting
hold of the guy, but, he has 29 roadsters in various condition.  Some interest
was shown about buying all or some.  I hate to see them rust away.  If you're
interested in parts, I might be able to forward his email addy.  I would have
to get his okie dokie.....

--- On Thu, 6/18/09, Fred Katz

"Embarq Customer" <andycost@embarqmail.com>
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
> Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 1:21 AM

Some junk yards are rip-offs. Some
> years ago me and a friend tried to buy
some parts off a
> roadster at a junkyard in the San Francisco Bay Area. The

guy wanted $500 each for parts I figured were worth less
> than $50.  Tried to
tell him they weren't worth that
> much but he wasn't budging. We later went
to another
> junkyard with a roadster and got the same parts for about
> $25.
>
> Fred - S.SF
>
> On Jun 17, 2009, at 3:03 PM, Embarq Customer wrote:
>

> There are a couple of junk yards in Texas that have
> tons of old complete
cars.  One is at Little Valley
> auto ranch near Killeen and the other is on
I35 near
> Denton.  Both think the cars are worth their weight in
> gold.  You
hate to see the old cars get crushed but
> it's worse to watch them rust away
into oblivion.  It
> is all because the owners won't sell for a decent price
or