Re: [Roadsters] Questions about VIN numbers

To: "Eddie" <eddietude@socal.rr.com>, "Datsun Roadster List"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Questions about VIN numbers
From: "E Scanlon" <escanlon@wa-net.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 19:55:09 -0800
The VIN tag is there, just way down the list of pictures, and the Engine #
DOES match the Engine number listed on the VIN tag.

And, No, AFAIK, the Engine # was never the same as the Vehicle's VIN, but
the VIN number ALWAYS matched the car's VIN (that's what it's for... Just
poking fun at the way you worded it.)

Also, unless someone knows better, the VIN on the earlier vehicles was only
stamped on the FRAME and not on the body itself(other than the VIN tag).