Re: [Roadsters] front end shimmy

To: "Ted Scott" <ted_scott@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] front end shimmy
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:55:13 -0500
Ted,

If you can get at them from underneath, go for it.  When I pulled the
engine/trans from my '67-1/2 2000 last spring, I decided to disconnect the
driveshaft at the front flange.  Even with new bolts, it was quite difficult
to get the first bolt started.  (Hold the driveshaft flange to the trans
flange with one hand, hold the bolt with your other hand, and turn the nut
with your other hand....)  Got a friend to help hold the flanges while I
worked the bolts.  Once the first is in place, it became a lot easier.  I
had to tighten the bolts from above, though, as I could see a way to get
wrenches on them from below.

Gary