Re: [Roadsters] Intro

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Keith0alan@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Intro
From: Marty Escarcega <escarcega@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:33:04 -0700
Keith, thanks for the info. Exactly where we were headed. I can do some paint
and bodywork and likely what I will do after the mechanicals are fixed. Give a
quick sand with a DA and shoot at least a light coat of red oxide primer to
protect it and then work on one panel at a time. I had considered taking all
the removable panels off and taking them to a fellow I know that can media
blast them (he has worked on collectable vehicles and does not use sand or
slag) That would save us a lot of time on the sanding, most everything has to
come apart anyway for new ($1,000 ouch) rubber! :-)

Marty
---- Keith0alan@aol.com wrote:
> My thought would be to get it roadworthy first. Do the brakes and clutch
> hydraulics first, not someplace to cut corners. Tail lights need replaced.
> Replace the tires. If they are rotted you just don't want to take the chance.
>  The front wheel bearings no doubt need at least repacked if not replaced.
> After  fixing the things keeping it off the road then drive it. Once you
> start driving  it the car will let you know what to do next. I am fond of the
> "fix what speaks  to me the loudest" method. Make a list of things needing
> worked on. Pick one at  a time and get it done. Having the car half apart
> working on several different  things is frustrating. Feel free to ask us a
>lot
> of questions, that's why we are  here. A bit of sanding and at least primer
> are in order. If you do the prep work  a low dollar paint job looks pretty
> good.
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $16.00