Re: [Roadsters] Gas tank sealing and fuel lines

To: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Gas tank sealing and fuel lines
From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 09:09:03 -0700
Oops, I replied directly to Tim earlier, will cc the list with my response:

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 6:14 AM, Tim <tputland@charter.net> wrote:
> I pulled the gas tank from my second part car yesterday. It is in great shape
>on the outside but I still want to get it boiled out and sealed.

Most of the ones I've seen redone appear to use Red Kote:
http://damonq.com/Red-Kote.htm

I've seen a white plastic coating type sealant used on motorcycle
tanks as well (might be what Eastwood sells:
http://www.eastwood.com/gas-tank-sealer-kits.html), but one that I
inspected had flaked off and clogged up the filter after several years
of sitting. This could have been poor prep work, however - since I
believe it was done by the owner.

POR15 also makes a sealer:
http://www.por15.com/Fuel-System-Restoration/products/12/ which I've
heard good things about.