Re: [Roadsters] Throttle sticks open

To: Autox <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Throttle sticks open
From: Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 22:26:07 -0700
Jeff:

Check the battery/frame/engine ground. Make sure you don't have a
missing ground strap anywhere. If you lose ground to the engine, the
path the battery finds back to itself is through the throttle cable.
They can get sticky, or as happened to me, the throttle got sticky, then
the cable finally spot welded itself to the inside of the sheath and
that was that.

HTH

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA