Re: [Roadsters] Seafoam

To: <ljordan704@netscape.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Seafoam
From: "Joe Russo" <jrusso07@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 22:20:24 -0400
I have used seafoam on all my (older) engines. Including the lawnmower
and the weed-whacker.

For side draft carbs, I open the can, put a rubber hose in it, connect
the other end of the hose to a intake manifold fitting (after the carbs)
and let it suck the seafoam out of the can at speed.  Make sure the
engine is at temperature.  Rev the engine (3000 rpms) and let it suck
down the fluid in the can...be prepared for lots of smoke and the plugs
will foul.

You can add some to the crank case oil and to the fuel to clean carbs
but mainly I use it in mass to clean the valves

I prefer to use marvel mystery oil in the fuel tank and crank case...not
sure why...helps keep the valves and intakes clean too.

Joe

 The Seafoam website was useful. Also found this link with some info
from I believe, a Roadster owner:
http://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-seafoam-your-engine-the-right-way-comp
lete-
diy-t126583.html