Re: [Roadsters] Door sills

To: <d_kroninger@hotmail.com>, Datsun Roadsters send mail
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Door sills
From: Jim In Virginia <wrenchorhammer@live.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 18:13:47 -0500
A bronze wire brush stroked in the same direction as the ridges and bathed in
a comet and water mixture will work well!  Sparingly use a steel wire brush
for bad stains.  If you have a good eye and good aim, you can use a bronze
wire wheel in an electric drill, but lay off the water and comet in that case!
Then go back to wire bruch water and comet for the final touch.

Jim In Virginia

> From: d_kroninger@hotmail.com
> To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
> Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 12:15:45 -0600
> Subject: [Roadsters] Door sills
>
> Hey all,
>
> I pulled a few aluminum parts to clean and polish this winter. The valve
> cover and carb domes are done. I also have the door sill out. They were
> dirty, which I cleaned with water and Comet. So it is cleaner, but I want
> polish it up. Since it has the ridges, it is really hard to sand without
> distorting it. Any one have suggestions?
>
> Dan Kroninger
> Dairyland Datsun68 1600
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html