Re: [Roadsters] quarter windows

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] quarter windows
From: Graeme Suckling <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 20:09:49 +1030
On 7/03/2011 4:11 AM, Dave wrote:
> o;?I am getting ready to put the quarter windows back in (vent windows?)
>
> I had them rechromed, so they are all in pieces.  (the glass, the uprights,
> the little latch pieces, etc.  literally b all in pieces)  plus, I wasnbt
> the one who disassembled them, so bthe reverse of disassemblyb isnbt
> going to help me here.  I have some good pictures, so that helps.  (Thanks,
> Brian!)
>
> am I correct in thinking that the rubber goes on the glass?
>
> is there any documentation on how to do this?
>
> hints/directions/thoughts would be appreciated
>
> the car is an early 67
>
> thanks!
 From memory, faint as it maybe, I thought the 1/4 window was a glass
pane that closed onto the weather seal!?!?
I may be wrong, I was wrong only this morning when I....Oh never mind!
To insert the weather strip, use dish washing liquid to lubricate the
rubbers and channels.
If the glass needs to go into a seal same deal.
I'm sending you a couple of pics. from the SP311 Parts Manual which may
be of help to you.
Let me know if you need any further assistance.

--
Regards,
Graeme Suckling

Front door and window legend.JPG]