Re: [Roadsters] Alternator option

To: Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net>, Datsun-Roadsters
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Alternator option
From: "Hall, Phillip B. (MSFC-ED10)" <phillip.b.hall@nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 06:56:43 -0500
I hear ya!

I just put a GM on my 67 and it is too big-ish.  I say 'ish' because it does
work and ok.  You can buy nice, small one wire GM fit alternator from Summit
and Jegs, but they are pricy.

Also, not sure what year you have, but the pictures Pete put up are the
early alt.  The late are moved forward and have a large single mounting
point at the front of the alternator.

On 3/17/11 1:25 AM, "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net> wrote:

> I've wondered the same thing. Check this pic out:
>
> http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/datsunlb110/altornaters.jpg
>
>> From left to right: 35A 521, 60A Z, 90A KA24E. Notice the spacing is the
> same on all of them. The Saturn alt (really a GM/Delco CS-130) is the other
> one that's commonly used when upgrading the alt on L-series motors.
>
> Then there's the Subaru Justy alt that Michael uses on his SR20
conversions.

> All something to think about.
>
> Pete

Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net