Re: [Roadsters] Alternator option

To: "'Jeff Torres'" <jeffzster@yahoo.com>, "'Datsun Roadster Mail'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Alternator option
From: "Lee Ehinger" <lee.ehinger@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:58:53 -0400
I upgraded my 70 240z (35a) alternator with a later (80a) 280zx unit -
internal regulated.

This keeps a smaller profile alternator with higher output & eliminated the
voltage regulator.

Take a look at this link:
http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/95494-240z-to-280zx-alternator-upg
rade/page__p__898235__hl__%2Balternator+%2Bupgrade__fromsearch__1#entry89823
5

This describes what it does.
http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/LNP1/12-4068

 I believe I have more detail from the person who built this.

DISCLAIMER
I DO NOT KNOW if it will work with a rdster!!!

I used it on my Z - worked GREAT!