[Roadsters] Calling Jim Bain

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Calling Jim Bain
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:42:40 -0500
Jim Bain,

Are you out there?

First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to prepare your =
wonderful color wiring diagrams for the roadster, which I downloaded =
from 311s.org and printed at work in 11x17.  (I have thought of plotting =
them in 34x22, but, so far, 11x17 works fine.)  The 65-67 and 67.5 =
diagrams have been of great help to me.

In troubleshooting a gauge wiring problem in my '67-1/2 2000, though, I =
noticed what I believe is an error in the 67.5 diagram.  I have a spare =
(used) '67-1/2 dash harness, and the differences are consistent with =
what I found in my car, so I think it is truly an error.  Please note =
that the error has absolutely no electrical consequence, but I figured =
anyone who put as much time into this effort as you have would want to =
know.

The wiring diagram shows a yellow/green wire going from the gauge =
voltage regulator to the temperature gauge, and a yellow/red wire =
(spliced to the yellow/green wire leaving the gauge voltage regulator) =
going to the fuel gauge.  The reality is opposite:  The yellow green =
wire goes to the fuel gauge, and the yellow/red wire goes to the =
temperature gauge.

A nit-pick, to be sure, because both wires are connected.  But, again, I =
thought you would want to know.

Gary Ault
'66 1600/U20 SU SPL311-05917 (purchased in July 1971; converted to =
U20-SU in 1972)
'67-1/2 2000 Solex SRL311-00428 (purchased in April, 2008)

datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums