Re: [Roadsters] 69 Datsun 2000 Air Conditioning

To: "'Kevin B'" <cooltchr@adelphia.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 69 Datsun 2000 Air Conditioning
From: "Pat Horne" <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 09:11:53 -0500
Kevin,

I doubt that the water pump pulley will have enough power available to drive
the compressor. Try to set up a second pulley on the crankshaft, in line
with the water pump pulley so that the belt can go around both the water
pump and crank pulley. You will also need a way to tension the belt, so an
idler may be necessary.

If you can make the compressor and alternator fit on the passengers' side of
the engine, you may be able to drive the alternator and compressor with the
same belt.

Peace,
Pat