Re: [Roadsters] Fuel indication issues

To: Pat Horne <patintexas@icloud.com>, mikelyons@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Fuel indication issues
From: RWM via Datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 18:04:53 -0400
Cc: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>

--------------AB49783782197F549D3FEA17

This is very helpful, thanks.

Once point I note is it seems the range of the 311 sender unit
resistance is backwards to the 310 -- greatest when tank is empty (47
ohms) and least when full (approaching zero).

- Bob

--
R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.  >>  Airline Industry Analysis
Port Washington, NY  11050  >>  tel 516-944-0900, fax -7280

This e-mail is for the designated recipient only and may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received it
in error, please notify the above sender immediately then delete
the original e-mail.  Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

--------------AB49783782197F549D3FEA17

  <head>
  </head>
    This is very helpful, thanks.<br>
    Once point I note is it seems the range of the 311 sender unit
    resistance is backwards to the 310 -- greatest when tank is empty
    (47 ohms) and least when full (approaching zero).<br>
    - Bob<br>
      Datsun-roadsters wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:85555813-817A-4BCC-BFB4-7A0F04EB36E5@icloud.com">
      Thanks, Mike. Iâ??m not sure how this circuit compares to the 311
      but Iâ??ll check. One difference I see is that the 311s have a
      voltage regulator for the instruments. Iâ??ll have to check on the
      ground for the gauge. If there is one, that could cause this
      problem if it is bad.
          On May 11, 2020, at 3:37 PM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:mikelyons@aol.com";>mikelyons@aol.com</a> wrote:<br>
              the Nissan Service Manual for the SPL 310. The attached
              PDF is a copy of the information concerning trouble
              shooting the fuel gauge and a wiring diagram.<br>
              I hope it can be of help.<br>
              Mike Lyons<br>
              Vancouver, WA<br>
              1967 SPL 311 with 135 HP 2000<br>