fot

Re: TR Clutch

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>, fot@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: TR Clutch
From: rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 18:14:39 -0500 (EST)
cak said:
> I know that John Lye used to use some funny combination of
> parts involving at least one component intended for an MGB

Yeah, that's right.  This was a trick that I learned from
Mac Tilton when I first called him about getting a clutch.
He suggested using an MGB pressure plate with a TR-6
clutch disc and T/O bearing.  The MGB pressure plate
apparently has slightly stiffer springs and a bit more
surface area, too.  He claimed that this combination
was good to about 175 or 180 hp.  It turned out that the
MGB pressure plate was even drilled for the TR flywheel,
and was significantly cheaper, too.  There is a friction
plate that covers the pressure plate fingers that must
be removed, but that was pretty easy.

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm