fot

Re: GT6/Ed Ceilley

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Subject: Re: GT6/Ed Ceilley
From: Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 18:47:21 -0800
Alexander Joseph H wrote:

> Dr Ceilley, famous GT6 piloto, headed for Florida last week. If anyone
> spots this Signal Red GT6 please tell him "hi" and wish him well for us.
> He is one of our home town heroes and the only one smart enough to know
> one of the places people mow grass in the winter time.
>
> I assume he went to SVRA's Homestead event and I understand that HSR
> worked something out for the "12 Hours" in place of SVRA.   I heard
> there was to a be a one enduro on Friday, but little else.
>
> later,
>
> Joe

Ed and Yvonne are alive and well, at least of yesterday (Sunday) at
Homestead.  Yvonne doing her normal remarkable job of helping at
Registration and Ed having fun running around the track.  There was also
a cadre of young folks hanging around their paddock which I assume were
their kids.  As a matter of fact, I asked to borrow an air jug from Ed
for one of my paddock mates and he said he did not carry one any more,
but loaned us the neatest portable, cordless tire pump!  Just the thing
to carry around to air up those tires in the morning, and you don't have
to run around looking for the nearest air compressor when your tank
leaks down or someone else uses up the last 10 pounds of your air
supply.

The latest scoop for HSR Sebring sounds like a good deal.  Thursday is a
half hour practice and the downtown tech parade, Friday is a one hour
enduro and Saturday morning before the 12 hours is a sprint race.  All
this for $125, plus four paddock/race passes for the big race!
Personally I still wish SVRA was the sanctioning body, but the word is
that Chrysler (who is a major supporter of HSR and the 12 Hours) thought
they should have some say on who did the vintage, and Joe won!

Speaking of the continuing SVRA/HSR/VSCDA turf wars, there was a big 3
hour meeting at Homestead with the SVRA directors and group reps on
Saturday.  Mum was the word after the meeting, but I get the feeling
some changes will be forth-coming.

Later.......Jeff Snook