fot

Re: DS11

To: Catpusher@aol.com, jsnook_gmi@wcnet.org
Subject: Re: DS11
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 97 07:21:14 EDT
On Jun 19,  5:22pm, Catpusher@aol.com wrote:
> How about a FOT pad/shoe lining discussion?

I'm not sure that this will help you road racers too much, since
my car sees exclusive use as an autocross car.  I have the opposite
problem from most of you - I have a hard time getting my brakes
warm enough to work well!  Anyway, I had been using stock pads
mostly because they are soft and work OK cold.  I switched to a
Porterfield carbon/kevlar compound that really works well from
cold; I'm pretty impressed with those pads.  Howver, they throw
*lots* of brake dust.  After two drivers in an autocross, I can
barely read the "Goodyear" on the sides of the tires due to all
the gray dust.

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm