fot

Re: VERY SAD DAY

To: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@SMTPLINK.COH.ORG>
Subject: Re: VERY SAD DAY
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 14:52:53 +0500 (EST)
Mordy, please pass along to your wife and others my deepest sympathies at
the loss of Mike. I, for one, had no idea of the breadth of his other
accomplishments. I knew primarily of his history as a "works" driver for
Standard-Triumph, and I was more than impressed simply by those
accomplishments as a driver.

It probably goes without saying that I will always cherish those few
minutes on a summer afternoon in July 1989 in Albany, NY, when Mike
accepted the invitation to drive my Spitfire 4 autocross car during the
Vintage Triumph Register convention.  I still have this feeling that, had
Mike been wearing decent driving shoes instead of bulky dress shoes for
working the closely spaced foot pedals, he might well have beaten me and
everyone else for fastest time of day!

He will be missed.

--Andy