fot

Triumph Reunion at RA/Competition Class-VTR.xls

To: "'TRBILBO@aol.com'" <TRBILBO@aol.com>
Subject: Triumph Reunion at RA/Competition Class-VTR.xls
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 08:28:06 -0600
Hi Bill Burroughs & the "E Ticket Triumphs",

Thanks for the inquiry.

Make no mistake, this is the big one!!!! Plan now and you will make it.

The Brian Redman International Challenge (formerly know as the "Chicago
Historics") is the most heavily subscribed race in North America. There
are as many as 60+ cars in our Race Group (TR3/4) but then again there
is 4 miles of wonderful track so there is no crowding and most of the
folks are quite well behaved.

Some of your VARA folks venture out here from time to time and I believe
there will bill a number of West Coasters again this year. (Don Queen
was here last year and he ended up driving a TR6 rental after his Alfa
broke a crank)

Historic Elkhart Lake is awash in exotics parked on the streets outside
of Siebkens on Friday & Saturday night for the race & street car
concours. The paddock areas are a crush of people and spectators...I
think we are talking about 60,000-80,000 spectators for the weekend.

Entry runs about $250.

Websites:

VSCDA:

http://members.aol.com/VSCDAL/mainv3.htm

(This will get you a link to the "front office")

Road America News:

http://www.roadamerica.com/

(Tons of information including lodging)

Hotel Rooms are tough to get, so it is not too early to work on
reservations. B & Bs are attainable and can be interesting. We did this
last year and had a very pleasant surprise. We presently have 3 rooms at
the Pinehurst Inn in Sheboygen Falls and Don Marshall (Florida FOT) says
they are booked already. Cancellations abound at the last minute, so it
is worthwhile checking in as the event approaches.

VTR National Convention

As you know, the VTR Convention falls on the heels of the "BRIC". The
Minneapolis, Minnesota based Triumph Club is working on the details of
this convention now and it promises to be a great event. We will be
there enforce. A "Competition Car Class" is planned for concours judging
and display.

Finally, we hope to have some special Triumph things going on at both
the BRIC and the VTR and hope you can join us.

One more thing....Friend Jack Drews & I plan to migrate to the West for
some events in the next two years or so. Our West Coast Tour is in the
"talking stages" now. See you there.

Best Regards,

Joe Alexander
TR3 Touring