fot

Piston Clearance

To: fot@autox.team.net, "'DLMAssoc@aol.com'" <DLMAssoc@AOL.COM>
Subject: Piston Clearance
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 13:35:14 -0600
I hope "old Joe" doesnt get too beat up for his disclosure. I dont think
I will be able to tell the difference in performance anyway. The primary
driver here is "cheap" and it will be part of a short block sitting on
the shelf for 1999 unless I have a catastrophic failure in 1998...it
could end up in my TR3 as well.

Onto the Chrysler piston thing....more curiousity than anything else. I
have heard this same "urban myth" from several sources for several
years. I have not been able to get a part number of this piston. If you
can determine a part number it would be fun to have this information. I
think it has to be true....can you ask, Don?