fot

Piston Clearance

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Piston Clearance
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 10:51:38 -0600
Any new wisdom on piston clearance?

I have a set of NOS Hepolite pistons that look like they might have been
manufactured in the 50s. They are 87MM +.030 O.S.  I didnt think such an
animal existed then, but it is plainly stamped. I wonder somewhat about
replacement rings, but suspect that any size is probably available.

Yes, I know that it slightly exceeds the "legal" requirements of vintage
racing, but the price was right. Should be forgiveable and I am not
attempting to build a "killer" engine, anyway.

Thanks,

Joe

I am off to Automotive Engine & Machine....Jack & Joe's favorite machine
shop. They are begining to speak "Triumph" there.