fot

cams/CR gears

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: cams/CR gears
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 21:16:52 -0500 (EST)
for those without parts books:
the TR2-4 cam, factory PN  301466, was unchanged until
the TR4A which used    PN 307036.  This "hyposine"  cam
was designed to be easier on the valve train & required lighter
valve springs.

The Triumph Dolomite Sprint came fitted with the TR6 gearbox,
thus the gears will work in the all sych TR GBs, EXCEPT
that the imput shaft is too long, as the TR7 block required an
adaptor plate for the TR6 GB.
the best optional factory gearset for the Sprint was STN53,
the other option working with an overdrive.  These gearsets
were not complete.  They require some late TR6 standard pieces
to be complete.
 I have professionally built quite a number of
these CR Gearboxes, and know all the mix and match pieces
and other mods    way too lengthy to list.  I currently do not have
a source for the STN53 sets. ( Hi Baxter,  send an email some time!)

                    Regards, Hardy