fot

RE: Axle update and other fantasies...

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>,
Subject: RE: Axle update and other fantasies...
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 14:03:30
At 08:37 PM 12/2/97 -0800, Bill Babcock wrote:
>Actually, I've been thinking long and hard about dumping the water pump
>and substituting an electric one. It's big, heavy, and in a lousy place.
>Imagine a little dragster pump down at the inlet.

That's an interesting thought - I've been running an electric
drive on the standard water pump for the past year.  It works
well for the short time that an auto-X run lasts, but I'm not
sure if it would keep up for the length of a road race.  One
nice aspect for my use, though, is that I can keep the water
circulating between runs to cool the block evenly.

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu