fot

Re: Amici Triumphi-Decals & Patches

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Subject: Re: Amici Triumphi-Decals & Patches
From: Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:09:59 -0500
--------------911BC773E1110D2E97FC0618

Hi Joe,

Just back from Sebring.  Great time as usual (except for lots of rain
Thursday and Friday).  Our group race on Sunday was won by Max Hielman in
his XK150.  He just nosed out a Porsche 914-6 (not what I would call a
vintage car).

They had our races on Sunday morning after the 12 Hour and lots of fans were
still at the track.  It was great to be racing at this classic track with
cheering crowds waving us on!

The TR3A ran strong and looked great in the paddock.  Is it a show car?  Is
it a race car?  It's both!!  We're getting all the bugs worked out and it
pulls like a train!!!  It's a ball to drive again after almost a year and a
half.

We're still having some axle nut "take-up" and Glen will work with Chip to
determine a possible cause.  I guess I am the guinea pig on this one and we
now have about 4 hours on the new axle/hub combo.

Phil Bradbury was there in the only other TR3.  He had a problem with a
sticking throttle during qualifying and did not make it to the race grid.
We only had about 1/2 hour between qualifying and the race so I guess he
could not get it fixed in time.

Regarding the patches, I really only need one, so you can move mine to
others if you want.

Later.......

Jeff

Alexander Joseph H wrote:

> AMICI TRIUMPHI:

--------------911BC773E1110D2E97FC0618

<HTML>
Hi Joe,

<P>Just back from Sebring.&nbsp; Great time as usual (except for <B>lots</B>
of rain Thursday and Friday).&nbsp; Our group race on Sunday was won by
Max Hielman in his XK150.&nbsp; He just nosed out a Porsche 914-6 (not
what I would call a vintage car).

<P>They had our races on Sunday morning after the 12 Hour and lots of fans
were still at the track.&nbsp; It was great to be racing at this classic
track with cheering crowds waving us on!

<P>The TR3A ran strong and looked great in the paddock.&nbsp; Is it a show
car?&nbsp; Is it a race car?&nbsp; It's both!!&nbsp; We're getting all
the bugs worked out and it pulls like a train!!!&nbsp; It's a ball to drive
again after almost a year and a half.

<P>We're still having some axle nut "take-up" and Glen will work with Chip
to determine a possible cause.&nbsp; I guess I am the guinea pig on this
one and we now have about 4 hours on the new axle/hub combo.

<P>Phil Bradbury was there in the only other TR3.&nbsp; He had a problem
with a sticking throttle during qualifying and did not make it to the race
grid.&nbsp; We only had about 1/2 hour between qualifying and the race
so I guess he could not get it fixed in time.

<P>Regarding the patches, I really only need one, so you can move mine
to others if you want.

<P>Later.......

<P>Jeff

<P>Alexander Joseph H wrote: