fot

RE: K & S Alignment/Sharing Information

To: "Hone, Richard A" <Hone_Richard_A@code80.npt.nuwc.navy.mil>
Subject: RE: K & S Alignment/Sharing Information
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 11:22:30 -0700
I haven't had any problems in tech yet, but that's certainly no
guarantee. Most of the technical issues I've seen in vintage groups
around here are resolved with a loose interpretation of the
question--what was OK in the SCCA back in '62, or was this new
whizzy-bob available then. Asymmetrical 50-series tires, no. Fiberglas
bits of this and that-yes. Ground effects, no. Lowering your car until
you can't get it off the trailer, yes. Engine management systems, no.
Hacking up your suspension, yes.

The interpretation gets much more rigid when the sanctioning body wants
to be exclusive, like any of Steve Earle's parties (which I very much
want to play in). I'm sure me and my largely fiberglas, highly modified
TR3 would be unceremoniously frog-marched to the door