fot

RE: upper TR-3/4 / alfins ala japon

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: upper TR-3/4 / alfins ala japon
From: Chip Bond <spirals@esinet.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:57:42 -0400
With regard to the upper A arm conversion: You will need to shim the
position of the internal threaded portion. A corresponding length of 3/4 x
3/4 x 1/8 angle will put the new CL in line with the old CL. Both are
welded at angles. Best to keep the lower A arm assembly intact, install the
shortened uppers, position the angle and the threaded socket with heim
joint in place at it's mid adjustment, set your suspension, tack weld the
angle then the socket, then, finally, remove all for final welding.  Yep,
we did this in the paddock last year.

The Z car drums need to be opened up at the hub center a little, maybe
.100". The slight difference in stud spacing is minimal, a small burr to
open the stud hole slightly is all that is required.

The big pproblem with the Z drums is the required removal of about .150" of
the back of the drum. Or grind the backing plate (bad choice.) On a lathe,
the fins can break if you try to turn the drum, An abrasive sander if
better, but will take several belts, and a lot of cool=down time. But a

Sempre Triumphi ... or something like that...

.