fot

RE: Coolant

To: Bob Kramer <rgk@flash.net>,
Subject: RE: Coolant
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 17:17:48 -0700
Bob, you might have already seen my comments on radiators, but I solved
this problem to death. My TR3 now runs at 110 indicated water temp (yes
that's Fahrenheit) with no fan during summer races if I leave the
thermostat bypassed (not a great idea) with a half inch hose.=20

I did buy one of those lovely looking aluminum radiators, and promptly
broke it by pushing down on the radiator cap to remove it. Who'da thunk
that would crack the upper collector? Then I went to a very good local
radiator shop and said--fill the front open with as much radiator as =
you
can, keeping the original mounting points. They did exactly that, =
adding
a remote fill/overflow tank that bolts nicely to the left side wheel
well. Problem solved, total bill--$280 bucks.=20